This week, Science for The People looks at the science of the ultimate criminal punishment. Pharmacologist and science writer David Kroll discusses the chemistry of the drugs used in lethal injections. They talk to law professor Samuel Gross, editor of the National Registry of Exonerations, about the rates of false convictions in death penalty cases. And they speak to Johns Hopkins University psychiatrist Dr. James Harris about the complex issues at the intersection of capital punishment and intellectual disability.
what are you looking for?
- The Gods are Inbred - @arbesman handles the Olympians, @joshwitten handles Adam & Eve wp.me/pXK0q-3qO #linkonomicon 4 hours ago
- RT @tvjrennie: That's what Pictionary is for. MT @finchandpea: No, PMS did not evolve to break up marriages. wp.me/pXK0q-3qu 5 hours ago
- No, PMS did not evolve to break up marriages. Yes, @kateclancy is still my hero wp.me/pXK0q-3qu by @joshwitten #linkonomicon 7 hours ago
- RT @genologos: @finchandpea RT @jessicapolka: Meanwhile... #IceBucketChallenge from thefinchandpea.com/2013/11/27/all… http://t.co/dz12wylY2z” 18 hours ago
- RT @mbeisen: story of woman who diagnosed own genetic disease is why ALL scientific literature MUST be free to EVERYONE http://t.co/ZHcDX11… 1 day ago
- My Tweets