The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- Don’t defend science by making people defend their religion or politics thefinchandpea.com/2017/02/16/don… 1 week ago
- Immigrants are Critical for American Science thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/29/imm… 3 weeks ago
- Reupping:Why reproducibility initiatives are misguided thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/22/reu… 1 month ago
- The FDA Should Only Approve Drugs Backed By Science thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/20/the… 1 month ago
- We Sell Our Attention Too Cheaply thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/16/we-… 1 month ago