The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- The Legacy of Slavery in African American DNA thefinchandpea.com/2016/07/19/the… 1 week ago
- RT @genologos: It’s been a long year but our @finchandpea science poem is back. Darwin and Happy Endings: thefinchandpea.com/2016/07/17/sun… 1 week ago
- Sunday Science Poem: Evolution and Happy Endings thefinchandpea.com/2016/07/17/sun… https://t.co/ymAb2DI5NP 1 week ago
- Sunday Science Poem: Evolution and Happy Endings thefinchandpea.com/2016/07/17/sun… https://t.co/MG3SAUq2mY 1 week ago
- In the wake of #BrexitVote, @easternblot recalls importance of non-Brit scis to UK #science at @HerschelMuseum thefinchandpea.com/2016/07/12/a-v… 1 week ago