The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- Reupping:Why reproducibility initiatives are misguided thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/22/reu… 1 day ago
- The FDA Should Only Approve Drugs Backed By Science thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/20/the… 3 days ago
- We Sell Our Attention Too Cheaply thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/16/we-… 6 days ago
- @avinashtn Thanks for the recommendation. Wotton has an axe to grind when it comes to Shapin - interesting to read both. 1 week ago
- Genomics and the Power of Public Health thefinchandpea.com/2017/01/09/gen… 1 week ago