The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- An Open Letter to Senator Roy Blunt: Save Medical Research By Voting No on the BCRA thefinchandpea.com/2017/06/27/an-… 6 hours ago
- Fungi of the Pee Dee #finchstagram thefinchandpea.com/2017/06/24/fun… https://t.co/TY1a7WfndI 3 days ago
- RT @DrNeilTyson: It amazes me how many people would rather believe in ancient aliens than in ancient non-white people who could do math. 1 week ago
- RT @astradisastra: Coining a new term: fauxtomation. When workers get rendered invisible to maintain illusion machines & systems smarter th… 1 week ago
- RT @joshwitten: The episode @scicurious was born to host twitter.com/sci4thepeople/… 1 week ago