- Not all failing schools are failing. Reminds me of Hamilton High School – via Carrie Brown-Smith via Deborah Blum.
- Neil Armstrong was about two seconds and one ejection seat away from not being the first man on the moon – via Maggie Koerth-Baker.
- Greatest meme ever would have been Buzz Aldrin punching Neil Armstrong like a moon landing hoaxer. Instead, he was just pouty. On the moon – via Tyler Cowen.
- There was a time when nice girls* didn’t do comedy. Thankfully, that time is gone. Gorgeous* Ladies of Comedy – via Jamie Frevele.
- Don’t believe that there was a time when nice girls* didn’t do comedy? Listen to the Nerdist Podcast interview Joan Rivers and change your mind.
- Thanks to a dinosaur show in my youth, my nightmares start with the phrase “packs of carnivorous, goose-sized dinosaurs”. Take note, my nightmares, geese ARE dinosaurs, and vicious – via Mark Frauenfelder.
*All jokes, by they way, in case you happen to have the comedic depth of an average internet commentor or the “funny” sub-reddit.