The images Christian Gottfried Ehrenberg made of microscopic organisms in the mid-1800s are both art and ground breaking science. They should be appreciated as both. A massive collection of his specimens, images, and records reside at the Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin.
what are you looking for?
- Francis Bacon’s argument for books, libraries, and universities thefinchandpea.com/2017/03/23/fra… 2 months ago
- RT @rojasburke: Sample: a well-digger drinks from his hands: From the side, it looks like prayer. From behind, like his chest hitches, li… 2 months ago
- RT @FlyingTrilobite: You can also find #sciart artists @Symbiartic,@finchandpea, @MadArtLab, @artscigallery, @SciArtMagazine, @ClotMagazine… 2 months ago
- RT @joshwitten: Very excited to get my hands on "Stray", the new poetry collection from @SC_GSSM english faculty Adam Houle https://t.co/02… 2 months ago
- Don’t defend science by making people defend their religion or politics thefinchandpea.com/2017/02/16/don… 3 months ago
- Sorry, I didn't get closer. I'm a bit scared of big insects, and these were big! 15 hours ago