Chief Technology Officer of the United States Megan Smith discusses the problems of erasing women from the history of science and technology with Charlie Rose. It is not that the historical role models for young women don’t exist. It is that we actively expunge them from our narratives.
As Rose suggests with a question, it is hard to imagine how this practice actually benefits anyone – other than an intellectually lazy adherence to our standard, male-centric narrative.
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: Art of Science: The Curious Craft of Growing Ears thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/27/art… #sciart http://t.co/4i8mIv2ZN9 17 minutes ago
- How much can we be quantified & analyzed? Lewis explores. Michele critiques. thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/20/art… #sciart 2 hours ago
- The earthquake that shrank Mt Everest - from @easternblot thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/19/an-… 16 hours ago
- How much can we be quantified & analyzed? Lewis explores. @artologica critiques. thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/20/art… #sciart http://t.co/epe6f7sgV8 17 hours ago
- When @genologos recommends #SciFi novels, he recommends #postapocalyptic sci-fi thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/21/my-… @sfsignal 18 hours ago