On Sunday, I participated in a panel discussion of the ENCODE project and issues related to it, with the folks from ScienceSunday via Google+ Hangouts. Ian Bosdet and I joined hosts Rajini Rao, Buddhini Samarasinghe, and Scott Lewis. to talk about ENCODE and make it accessible to those without a decade of post-graduate training in genomics If you have a spare 78 minutes, the discussion can be viewed on YouTube.
what are you looking for?
public noticesBook Punks - Mike was interviewed by Book Punks about his series of reviews of post-apocalyptic fiction, aka "Apocalypse Then".
Mike - Designer babies are not right around the corner.
Circumcision - Science for The People talks about the medical & ethical history of circumcision with Sarah Rodriguez & Brian Earp.
- Representation of women of color in #STEM in car commercials thefinchandpea.com/2015/03/30/mar… http://t.co/OIoI4GYB8Y 11 hours ago
- Cats in SPAAAACE?! Not on this budget. #science #caturday thefinchandpea.com/2015/03/28/sci… http://t.co/f7NbLqTj0l 12 hours ago
- RT @easternblot: Tomorrow's @finchandpea post contains the phrase "sun-bleached dog faeces". Twice. You can Google it to figure out the des… 13 hours ago
- Visiting the science-inspired design of Gaudi w/ @easternblot #sciart thefinchandpea.com/2015/03/24/sci… http://t.co/ouITQzq6xF 14 hours ago
- Help "Mammoth is Mopey" make it to print. Do it for the kids. thefinchandpea.com/2015/03/25/mam… #sciart http://t.co/SQPqRFpU2f 15 hours ago