On Sunday, I participated in a panel discussion of the ENCODE project and issues related to it, with the folks from ScienceSunday via Google+ Hangouts. Ian Bosdet and I joined hosts Rajini Rao, Buddhini Samarasinghe, and Scott Lewis. to talk about ENCODE and make it accessible to those without a decade of post-graduate training in genomics If you have a spare 78 minutes, the discussion can be viewed on YouTube.
what are you looking for?
public noticesBook Punks - Mike was interviewed by Book Punks about his series of reviews of post-apocalyptic fiction, aka "Apocalypse Then".
Mike - Ethical issues in the digital detection of disease outbreaks.
Superstorm - Science for The People talks about extreme weather with Kathryn Miles & Christopher Landsea.
- "Junk DNA"? We prefer the term "Midden DNA" thefinchandpea.com/2015/03/05/mid… 9 hours ago
- The African Science Truck Experience: A mobile lab to teach science in Uganda wp.me/pXK0q-3NY 10 hours ago
- "Cloud" by Yuriko Yamaguchi (@YamaguchiArt) - #sciart post from 2 July 2014 ow.ly/JVafi http://t.co/iMuZWqTJhK 10 hours ago
- "What is Science Literacy?" scribing by @experrinment (photo by @RussCreech) ow.ly/JV9Yy http://t.co/X0ew8SvNzy 10 hours ago
- "The Bad Graft" by Karen Russell - #sciart literature ow.ly/JV9Gy http://t.co/GLFP5RiNBk 10 hours ago
- My Tweets