On Sunday, I participated in a panel discussion of the ENCODE project and issues related to it, with the folks from ScienceSunday via Google+ Hangouts. Ian Bosdet and I joined hosts Rajini Rao, Buddhini Samarasinghe, and Scott Lewis. to talk about ENCODE and make it accessible to those without a decade of post-graduate training in genomics If you have a spare 78 minutes, the discussion can be viewed on YouTube.
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike explains why human gene names are a confusing mess at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about eating bugs, farming fish, and saving the planet.
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: Brighter colors today http://t.co/P1IeOfEM6x 17 hours ago
- RT @Dr24hours: @artologica I'm telling you. Pocket squares. I will empty my checking account. 17 hours ago
- The new Google Maps system made @easternblot pine for th days of paper maps wp.me/pXK0q-3v3 22 hours ago
- RT @Drosophilista: Cannot even state how fun this is: #CasLABlanca. Sciencifying famous movie quotes !! storify.com/joshwitten/cas… 22 hours ago
- ...in which @sapinker explains why academics can't write thefinchandpea.com/2014/09/29/pin… via @genologos #linkonomicon #exceptionsallowed 1 day ago
- We're all going to move desks in the office but I suspect it's a plot to get me to finally tidy my desk. 30 minutes ago
- My Tweets