How is astronomy like biology? Every time we build better tools for observation (eg, space telescopes & next-generation sequencers), we learn about the incredible variety of things that we are missing and get to wildly speculate about what it all means (we also get to regularly confuse “wild speculation” for actual “knowledge”).
what are you looking for?
- RT @joshwitten: Genetics - flanker, hooker, 8, center, prop, halfback...basically everything but lock #SciRFC 1 week ago
- RT @joshwitten: If you are/were a practioner of both science & rugby, tweet your field & position to #SciRFC 1 week ago
- RT @JBYoder: Anyway I once wrote about scientific narratives and why we need to be careful about this sort of thing evolution-institute.org/article/coming…… 2 weeks ago
- RT @VgerLovesYou: Voyager loves you right up to 19 hrs 10 mins 18 secs of light-travel time from Earth and back *Data via @NSFVoyager2 2 weeks ago
- Apocalypse 1948: thefinchandpea.com/2017/07/08/apo… https://t.co/kS2WmHyMXv 2 weeks ago
- I finished all my emails and now I get to read a book that's NOT on a screen for the rest of the evening. I may even finish two of them... 4 hours ago