Julie Shackson, an artist living in Wales, takes nature in forms large and small as her inspiration. Working in a wide variety of media from photography to painting to textiles, often in combination, she produces artwork with depth and texture, whether her subject is a microscopic view of plant cells or a rugged shoreline. The piece shown above, Shoreline 3, joins paint on canvas with “dry” elements such as mulberry bark and silk embroidery to produce an effect which is decidedly watery, even bubbly. You can see more of her work at her website, or buy prints or originals from Saatchi Online.
The Finch & Picks
- How to View the Solar Eclipse Safely thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/16/how… 1 month ago
- Pachycephalosaur #finchstagram thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/04/pac… https://t.co/9inWHiTbis 1 month ago
- Thagomizer #finchstagram thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/04/tha… https://t.co/DxTPdNH3Dq 1 month ago
- Anachrokapi thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/04/ana… https://t.co/RfBLZkeEm1 1 month ago
- Clever Girl thefinchandpea.com/2017/07/27/cle… https://t.co/rZ2eAuQgrq 1 month ago