The pangolin (Order: Pholidota) is a mammal covered in keratin scales. They can be found in Asia as well as Africa and their size ranges from 1 foot to just over 3 feet. These weirdo cuties eat thousands of ants everyday. Their oversized claws help them dig out ant colonies. As the video below explains, the pangolin uses its super-long tongue to reach the ants. Oh yeah and when it wants to protect itself from predators it pulls an 80s style popple move and rolls up into a tight ball.
A Public House for Science
In which Items of Interest and Curiosities of Nature are discussed employing the latest techniques in Logic and The Scientific Method for the furtherance of Human Erudition and the promotion of Critical Thought.
what are you looking for?
The Finch & Picks
- RT @HeartOfPluto_: After 15kg of wool and over 💯 hrs of knitting, I’m finally ready to fly to the UK. Now I just need to pack the entire un… 9 months ago
- Break the Internet to Save the Internet battleforthenet.com thefinchandpea.com/2017/12/12/bre… https://t.co/ld81hN7wgc 1 year ago
- How to View the Solar Eclipse Safely thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/16/how… 1 year ago
- Pachycephalosaur #finchstagram thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/04/pac… https://t.co/9inWHiTbis 1 year ago
- Thagomizer #finchstagram thefinchandpea.com/2017/08/04/tha… https://t.co/DxTPdNH3Dq 1 year ago