The pangolin (Order: Pholidota) is a mammal covered in keratin scales. They can be found in Asia as well as Africa and their size ranges from 1 foot to just over 3 feet. These weirdo cuties eat thousands of ants everyday. Their oversized claws help them dig out ant colonies. As the video below explains, the pangolin uses its super-long tongue to reach the ants. Oh yeah and when it wants to protect itself from predators it pulls an 80s style popple move and rolls up into a tight ball.
what are you looking for?
- RT @joshwitten: Genetics - flanker, hooker, 8, center, prop, halfback...basically everything but lock #SciRFC 1 week ago
- RT @joshwitten: If you are/were a practioner of both science & rugby, tweet your field & position to #SciRFC 1 week ago
- RT @JBYoder: Anyway I once wrote about scientific narratives and why we need to be careful about this sort of thing evolution-institute.org/article/coming…… 1 week ago
- RT @VgerLovesYou: Voyager loves you right up to 19 hrs 10 mins 18 secs of light-travel time from Earth and back *Data via @NSFVoyager2 1 week ago
- Apocalypse 1948: thefinchandpea.com/2017/07/08/apo… https://t.co/kS2WmHyMXv 1 week ago