Chief Technology Officer of the United States Megan Smith discusses the problems of erasing women from the history of science and technology with Charlie Rose. It is not that the historical role models for young women don’t exist. It is that we actively expunge them from our narratives.
As Rose suggests with a question, it is hard to imagine how this practice actually benefits anyone – other than an intellectually lazy adherence to our standard, male-centric narrative.
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: It's Caturday at CERN and the kittehs are filled with energy! thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/23/sci… http://t.co/CrgdKgyuxE 1 hour ago
- Come as You Are - @sci4thepeople looks at sexuality research & education with @emilynagoski & @alicedreger wp.me/pXK0q-3VJ 2 days ago
- My picks for weird post-apocalyptic SF wp.me/pXK0q-3VF 3 days ago
- RT @SCyFlynn: About Mike wp.me/PXK0q-2 via @finchandpea Interesting site with science, scifi and more 4 days ago
- Art meant as critique of science's view of life also makes strong arguement for #openscience thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/20/art… http://t.co/pNeKgBUJ2c 4 days ago