The area around Buffalo, NY was buried under an astonishing seven feet of snow this week, due to a phenomenon called “lake effect”, which is explained here. Meteorologists may find this fascinating, and kids may be happy to miss school, but at least one group of upstate New Yorkers is seriously disgruntled: the cats. Well, except for this guy. There’s always one.
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- Nature Makes Pretty Things, Not Art thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/26/nat… 4 hours ago
- RT @NMNH: A visitor’s whirlwind tour through the museum: thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/25/smi… via @easternblot @finchandpea http://t.co/HfE3TXG94N 4 hours ago
- RT @NMNH: @finchandpea We're glad that @easternblot enjoyed her visit, thank you for the great blog post! 1 day ago
- .@easternblot sure packed a lot into her hour at the @NMNH thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/25/smi… #havesciwilltravel http://t.co/ogILLkeIFU 1 day ago
- Sometimes you should read commenta. Cambridge Library took the time to explain why they cant share Darwin more freely thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/24/dar… 1 day ago
- My Tweets