There aren’t many mainstream songs about scientists. I only know of two. One is quite well-known but I don’t like it and it doesn’t really seem to be about science anyway. The other one is The Flaming Lips’ “Race for the Prize”. It was released in 1999 on The Soft Bulletin, and describes a competition between two scientists who are in a race to find “the cure” (not the band, all lower case).
public noticesMike explains why DNA may be one of our greatest inventions at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about Shakespeare & Science with Dan Falk & Stanley Wells. You may also want to check out the #ShakesPeerReview sciencing of Shakespeare on Twitter.
what are you looking for?
- RT @joshwitten: Please Note: Wei Li's chicken pox popsicles do not taste like chicken (or varicella). thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/29/the… #sciart http:/… 50 minutes ago
- RT @sci4thepeople: PREVIEW: Friday our Halloween episode drops. We talk disease & death with Richard Barnett & @TheGoodDeath http://t.co/iG… 2 hours ago
- #sciart RT @keelyellenmarie: The Art of Science: Popsicles Go Viral wp.me/pXK0q-3yw via @finchandpea 2 hours ago
- RT @artologica: Who wants a MRSA popsicle? Or maybe you prefer the pox? thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/29/the… http://t.co/s4OLajwfqQ 21 hours ago
- .@astronomolly @artologica @joshwitten Our content is @creativecommons BY-NC-SA licensed to make it easy to share. 1 day ago
- Torn between "it's good to listen to opposing opinions" and "how can you think such hateful things?" : | 1 hour ago
- My Tweets