Today’s song is a soft and hazy vignette from Irish singer-songwriter Lisa Hannigan (seen here with her harmonium). Venn Diagram places us in the apartment of a women letting her lover sleep as she awakes and quietly starts the day. The lyrics are careful and evocative, making the song feel like the start of a literary short story. Continue reading
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- Food, Remembered: Grandma's #Thanksgiving "Salad" thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/27/foo… #jello by @BenWitten 1 hour ago
- RT @ClaireMoynihan: The Art of Science: Claire Moynihan's Beautiful Bugs wp.me/pXK0q-3xW via @finchandpea 4 hours ago
- Nature Makes Pretty Things, Not Art thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/26/nat… 19 hours ago
- RT @NMNH: A visitor’s whirlwind tour through the museum: thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/25/smi… via @easternblot @finchandpea http://t.co/HfE3TXG94N 20 hours ago
- RT @NMNH: @finchandpea We're glad that @easternblot enjoyed her visit, thank you for the great blog post! 1 day ago
- My Tweets