The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike asks whether science fiction inspires science at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People critiques A Troublesome Inheritance with David Dobbs & Jennifer Raff. Also, cookies with Scicurious.
what are you looking for?
- RT @sanacardi: Ebola survivor @ashoka on NYC case: "I hope that ... we remember he is a doctor who risked his life to help others." 8 hours ago
- RT @artologica: @genologos @joshwitten ...and a high-five for the @finchandpea shout-out in Nature : ) http://t.co/xPawIwcji7 8 hours ago
- Nature on the PhD Glut wp.me/pXK0q-3y3 16 hours ago
- Spamalot wp.me/sXK0q-spamalot 17 hours ago
- RT @bugdreams: Claire Moynihan▸ A lovely way around ethical issues of artistic bug collections: #Embroidery. thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/22/the… RT @fin… 18 hours ago
- My Tweets