The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- Art of Science: You've never seen soil like this before #sciart thefinchandpea.com/2015/10/07/art… http://t.co/nnV2yhWPhD 1 hour ago
- RT @TheScientistLLC: Image of the Day: Agar Art #IOD bit.ly/1Mk9xv9 http://t.co/kqNOKja2RW 1 hour ago
- "What's so scary about having a shitty idea?" - Ben Folds on failure as part of creative process on Nerdist Podcast thefinchandpea.com/?p=15665 2 hours ago
- RT @sci4thepeople: THIS WEEK: Science and the Canadian Federal Election: What's at stake, and why it matters. ow.ly/Td0U6 3 hours ago
- "You're gonna suck..." - Ben Folds on failure as part of creative process on Nerdist Podcast thefinchandpea.com/?p=15665 16 hours ago