The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: Cats love repeating experiments thefinchandpea.com/2015/08/29/sci… @finchandpea http://t.co/hskudRc20Q 17 hours ago
- RT @artologica: You can get a mug with all your favorite viruses built in! redbubble.com/people/artolog… 17 hours ago
- #science #caturday looping GIFs always pass reproducibility tests wp.me/pXK0q-42W http://t.co/pAQzQKjKA0 1 day ago
- Art, history & science come together in these 3 Coffee Table Science books, this week on… thefinchandpea.com/2015/08/28/sci… http://t.co/VOybkvHqEd 2 days ago
- RT @sci4thepeople: THIS WEEK: We flip through science and technology stories told through images in 3 lovely "coffee table" books. http://t… 3 days ago