The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: It's a super-snowy Caturday in Buffalo and @finchandpea is ON IT thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/22/sci… 1 day ago
- RT @4womeninscience: From High School to receiving the scientific @NobelPrize, #women lose ground! @NobelWomen @Womens_Forum @Science_Grrl … 1 day ago
- RT @BabyAnimalPics: he needs those parts for his space ship he’s going to otter space http://t.co/TpZrBs9z55 1 day ago
- RT @ScientificScott: #JustReality RT @PlanetaryKeri: #justJPLthings http://t.co/5qNIM9FC6t 1 day ago
- RT @sennoma: Waiting For Godot To Review My Fucking Manuscript #scienceamovietitle 1 day ago
- Have blocked and reported that annoying spam account that retweets all mentions of London to sell their crap. Taking out sleeplessness... 8 hours ago
- My Tweets