The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesEva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike asks asks if the FDA will kill "precision medicine" at Pacific Standard.
A Sting in the Tale - Science for The People talks to Dave Goulson & Jocelyn Crocker about bees.
what are you looking for?
- RT @sci4thepeople: Gives "bees" a chance - we talk with @DaveGoulson & @yegbees about bees scienceforthepeople.ca/episodes/a-sti… 21 hours ago
- RT @ejkaretny: “@bugdreams: The Art of Science: Turning Pollution into Pigment. wp.me/pXK0q-3Il RT @finchandpea #sciart #painting” … 22 hours ago
- #Science #Caturday sez, "There is nothing cute about the meowsles." wp.me/pXK0q-3LB http://t.co/HVGwg3oXaf 1 day ago
- Unlike Disneyland, #Science #Caturday never has measles outbreaks wp.me/pXK0q-3LB http://t.co/xfD2vCVFo9 1 day ago
- RT @joshwitten: Got asked about bee meiosis tonight. Today @sci4thepeople released episode discussing bees. Coincidence? I think not http:/… 1 day ago
- My Tweets