The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesMichele's scarves were picked as one of NBC News's "Science Geek Gifts of the Year".
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses how scientists contribute to problems in science reporting at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People finds out who the Amazons really were from Adrienne Mayor.
what are you looking for?
- Learning about knowing with The Amazing World of Flyingfish by Steve Howell wp.me/pXK0q-3G9 from @joshwitten cc @jessicapellien 9 hours ago
- RT @genologos: Next @finchandpea #apocalypsethen - H.G. Wells’ 1908 vision of the coming World War, The War in the Air http://t.co/v7y38xAN… 1 day ago
- Apocalypse 1908: The World War Holocaust wp.me/pXK0q-3H4 1 day ago
- RT @pnis_co: Can't believe I missed #SciHard!! Stupid all-day road travel! 2 days ago
- RT @IHStreet: This #ScienceCaturday image & story from @finchandpea today made me laugh (& think). thefinchandpea.com/2014/12/20/sci… 2 days ago
- On my way to Christmas yoga. It's like regular yoga but with candles and mince pies. 6 hours ago
- My Tweets