The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- RT @NMNH: @finchandpea We're glad that @easternblot enjoyed her visit, thank you for the great blog post! 6 hours ago
- .@easternblot sure packed a lot into her hour at the @NMNH thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/25/smi… #havesciwilltravel http://t.co/ogILLkeIFU 8 hours ago
- Sometimes you should read commenta. Cambridge Library took the time to explain why they cant share Darwin more freely thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/24/dar… 13 hours ago
- HUZZAH! for digitized Darwin manuscripts, but a bit uncertain over blogging unfriendly copyright policy wp.me/pXK0q-3CJ 1 day ago
- If we brought back T. rex & you were going to cook one for #Thanksgiving, you are going to want to braise the thighs thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/24/tha… 1 day ago
- My Tweets