The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- Come as You Are - @sci4thepeople looks at sexuality research & education with @emilynagoski & @alicedreger wp.me/pXK0q-3VJ 23 hours ago
- My picks for weird post-apocalyptic SF wp.me/pXK0q-3VF 1 day ago
- RT @SCyFlynn: About Mike wp.me/PXK0q-2 via @finchandpea Interesting site with science, scifi and more 2 days ago
- Art meant as critique of science's view of life also makes strong arguement for #openscience thefinchandpea.com/2015/05/20/art… http://t.co/pNeKgBUJ2c 2 days ago
- Musicians, scientists & musicians who are scientists - can you name a #musisci? wp.me/pXK0q-3UC http://t.co/dIlqB5SeGi 3 days ago