The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike explains why human gene names are a confusing mess at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about eating bugs, farming fish, and saving the planet.
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: Brighter colors today http://t.co/P1IeOfEM6x 13 hours ago
- RT @Dr24hours: @artologica I'm telling you. Pocket squares. I will empty my checking account. 13 hours ago
- The new Google Maps system made @easternblot pine for th days of paper maps wp.me/pXK0q-3v3 18 hours ago
- RT @Drosophilista: Cannot even state how fun this is: #CasLABlanca. Sciencifying famous movie quotes !! storify.com/joshwitten/cas… 18 hours ago
- ...in which @sapinker explains why academics can't write thefinchandpea.com/2014/09/29/pin… via @genologos #linkonomicon #exceptionsallowed 1 day ago
- My Tweets