The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesEva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike in at Pacific Standard: sometime scientists' rhetoric writes checks their science can't cash.
Science for The People talks about disease, art, and death.
what are you looking for?
- Trick or Treat! - Mullerian Mimicry Edition wp.me/pXK0q-3yI 1 hour ago
- RT @joshwitten: Venkman: "You're right, no human being would review articles like this." #GhostBusterSci 1 hour ago
- RT @joshwitten: Dr. Stantz: "Total manuscript acceptance reversal." Dr. Venkman: "Right. That's bad." #GhostBusterSci 1 hour ago
- RT @joshwitten: "This city is headed for a disaster of statistically significant proportions." #GibbsBusters #FadeevPopovGhostBusters #Ghos… 1 hour ago
- "Bodies Everywhere" from @sci4thepeople - Halloween Edition on disease, art & death w/ @doctorbarnett & @TheGoodDeath wp.me/pXK0q-3yO 2 hours ago
- My Tweets