Anton Zuiker, co-founder of ScienceOnline and communications director for the Duke Department of Medicine, is one of the nicest, kindest people you can meet. Annoyingly, while thanking people for being generous and kind, he manages to be more generous, kind, and thoughtful than the people he is thanking.
public noticesMichele's scarves were picked as one of NBC News's "Science Geek Gifts of the Year".
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses why scientists hate the journals that publish them at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People suggests science books that might make great presents for the holidays.
what are you looking for?
- Making 3D Christmas trees with pyramids. The trick is subtracting half a D (Richard Zhang). thefinchandpea.com/2014/12/17/the… http://t.co/htdTkMrF84 7 hours ago
- Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, thy leaves are best printed in 2.5D thefinchandpea.com/2014/12/17/the… #sciart via @artologica 11 hours ago
- The Not Quite 3D Christmas Tree wp.me/pXK0q-3GN #sciart via @artologica 16 hours ago
- What are the functions of a science journal and do we still need them? wp.me/pXK0q-3GI 1 day ago
- Gratacap's "The Evacuation of England" is important as first anthropogenic climate change novel but is also terrible thefinchandpea.com/2014/12/15/apo… 1 day ago
- One of the best things about being a prof: the feeling you get when someone you supervise gets awesome & well-deserved recognition :) 1 day ago
- They should make a Coca Cola ad where people are WIDE AWAKE at 2AM because they had two glasses of coke after dinner. O.O 5 hours ago
- My Tweets