Doing it right. UC Davis microbiome researcher Jonathon Eisen not only turned down an endowed lectureship because the series was too male dominated, but also engaged the lecture series leadership and suggested replacements (hat tip to Evelyn Padilla).
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike asks whether science fiction inspires science at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People critiques A Troublesome Inheritance with David Dobbs & Jennifer Raff. Also, cookies with Scicurious.
what are you looking for?
- Nature on the PhD Glut wp.me/pXK0q-3y3 1 hour ago
- Spamalot wp.me/sXK0q-spamalot 2 hours ago
- RT @bugdreams: Claire Moynihan▸ A lovely way around ethical issues of artistic bug collections: #Embroidery. thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/22/the… RT @fin… 2 hours ago
- RT @CColinBrinkman: @finchandpea I think we don't lack for imagination, we lack political will, and agreement on what activities further th… 5 hours ago
- RT @UMDBiology: Meet the Olm: Salamander Super-Ager wp.me/pXK0q-2jX via @finchandpea @kwren88, have you ever seen one of these in pe… 6 hours ago
- My Tweets