Doing it right. UC Davis microbiome researcher Jonathon Eisen not only turned down an endowed lectureship because the series was too male dominated, but also engaged the lecture series leadership and suggested replacements (hat tip to Evelyn Padilla).
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike argues that we need more than science to defeat Ebola, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about mental health myths at CONvergence 2014.
what are you looking for?
- If a Conan story reminds you of posts by @AstroKatie & @DrMRFrancis, make sure it is for high-minded reasons thefinchandpea.com/2014/09/22/con… 40 minutes ago
- Why isn't assault locomotives “flung, at full speed, against one another” a TV show? thefinchandpea.com/2014/09/21/apo… via @genologos #apocalypsethen 1 hour ago
- RT @lizellescience: Science Caturday: Electrikitty wp.me/pXK0q-2S3 via @finchandpea 1 hour ago
- Conan the Philosopher - “There is no hope here or hereafter in the cult of my people” wp.me/pXK0q-3tz 2 hours ago
- RT @laudeba: Apocalypse 1896: Gabriel Tarde and the Fortunate Catastrophe wp.me/pXK0q-3tP via @finchandpea 2 hours ago
- My Tweets