The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesMichele's scarves were picked as one of NBC News's "Science Geek Gifts of the Year".
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses why scientists hate the journals that publish them at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People suggests science books that might make great presents for the holidays.
what are you looking for?
- #ALabofTheirOwn - sciencing A League of Their Own is supposed to be hard. The hard is what makes it great. wp.me/pXK0q-3G5 6 hours ago
- Spirography - bask in the nostalgia of @NathanAFriend's "Inspirograph" wp.me/pXK0q-3H0 7 hours ago
- RT @Bailiuchan: @finchandpea "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Dylan Thomas http://t.co/I… 9 hours ago
- Dignity: "There's one thing that's real clear to me..." by @joshwitten wp.me/sXK0q-dignity 9 hours ago
- RT @briankelly: “@sheilmcn: wow - online spirograph - how cool is this nathanfriend.io/inspirograph/” Truly the future has arrived! 10 hours ago
- My Tweets