The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- RT @theAGU: Antiscience legislation in Ohio ow.ly/AvnVH @ncse 7 hours ago
- RT @eshamow: attn @kartar via @seelix: “@finchandpea: The modern, novelized post-apocalypse started in 1885 with "After London" http://t.co… 8 hours ago
- We only have 2 style guidelines. 1: Oxford commas. 2: All posts about rubber duckies must include a musical component thefinchandpea.com/tag/rubber-duc… 13 hours ago
- RT @joshwitten: .@easternblot This is not the first time @finchandpea has paired rubber ducks with music. thefinchandpea.com/2012/05/22/yo-… 13 hours ago
- RT @easternblot: Rubber ducky, you're the one...who helped oceanographers map ocean currents. thefinchandpea.com/2014/08/19/toy… 13 hours ago
- My Tweets