The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike explains why DNA may be one of our greatest inventions at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about Shakespeare & Science with Dan Falk & Stanley Wells. You may also want to check out the #ShakesPeerReview sciencing of Shakespeare on Twitter.
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: Turn around, bright eyes: It's a partial eclipse of the cat thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/25/sci… 4 hours ago
- RT @PacificStand: DNA is not only life’s hackable source code; it’s a nanomaterial with very useful chemical properties: http://t.co/MnQm01… 1 day ago
- RT @kausikdatta22: ResearcherTweeps, seekest thou some levity on a weary Friday pip emma? Get thee to Twitter & search for #ShakesPeerRevie… 1 day ago
- RT @genologos: Thanks to our DNA we’re a tool-using species. And we’ve turned DNA into one of our best tools: @PacificStand http://t.co/61t… 1 day ago
- Will the future run out of technology? wp.me/pXK0q-3yb 1 day ago
- My Tweets