The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- RT @artologica: Mystery of the bright spots on Ceres solved wp.me/pXK0q-3NT via @finchandpea 9 hours ago
- Our month of Indy SciFi reviews kicks off with MJA Watney's zombie-free apocalypse, "Kybernos" ow.ly/JDRzj 10 hours ago
- Maud Menten, of Michaelis-Menten enzyme kinetics is a #sciencewoman & a #lego minifig wp.me/pXK0q-3NB youtu.be/PvmDyzpwnfM 12 hours ago
- Snow is like art supplies falling from the sky for Sonja Hinrichsen ow.ly/JDLH8 #sciart via @artologica ow.ly/i/8MtzE 13 hours ago
- RT @PavelTomancak: Twitter power. The art piece was made by @artologica commissioned by Freddy Frischknecht. Recognized by @nabroderick. ht… 16 hours ago
- My Tweets