The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- Apocalypse 1893: The Scientific End of the World wp.me/pXK0q-3ru 1 day ago
- Your microbial fingerprint has scientific & #caturday approval thefinchandpea.com/2014/08/30/sci… by @artologica 1 day ago
- RT @artologica: It's a BYOB Science Caturday starring @gilbertjacka and his merry band of microbes thefinchandpea.com/2014/08/30/sci… 2 days ago
- RT @stevesilberman: Journal retracts paper that questioned CDC autism study. goo.gl/mPWygR 3 days ago
- RT @VictoriaNHS: I'm actually quite keen on the accurate plushie of the Quetzalcoatlus! kickstarter.com/projects/palae… HT @finchandpea 3 days ago
- My Tweets