The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- Fireworks: for people who love both explosions & glitter, but hate fingers http://t.co/WM1x0aejkD 2 days ago
- #ScienceCaturday would like to wish a Happy Boom Day to its friends in the US thefinchandpea.com/2015/07/04/sci… http://t.co/y74MYyWeoD 2 days ago
- #Science #Caturday would like to wish a Happy Boom Day to its friends in the US thefinchandpea.com/2015/07/04/sci… http://t.co/IIo7PL0lQ0 2 days ago
- RT @artologica: Science Caturday: #IndependenceDay edishun at @finchandpea thefinchandpea.com/2015/07/04/sci… http://t.co/0JnrRuO1f6 2 days ago
- "High Price" rerun from @sci4thepeople. A 2nd chance to talk about #science & #policy of… thefinchandpea.com/2015/07/03/sci… http://t.co/4OjuvmPtX0 3 days ago
- Lullaby request: "Daddy, sing the one where someone dies & pushes a barrow." - aka "Molly Malone" 6 hours ago