The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesMichele's collaborative show, Voyage of Discovery, returns at the McLean Project for the Arts from 11 Sept-25 Oct 2014.
Mike explains why human gene names are a confusing mess at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about eating bugs, farming fish, and saving the planet.
what are you looking for?
- Judges at @foodbankSJ's "Hunger Games" fundraiser agree, breakfast is meal you can eat anytime thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/01/hun… http://t.co/hW0arrhOVw 5 hours ago
- How to help kids, win the Hunger Games, and not kill anyone - using a skillet thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/01/hun… http://t.co/hWBOz2tkrj 11 hours ago
- How help feed kids, win the Hunger Games, and not kill anyone using a skillet thefinchandpea.com/2014/10/01/hun… 11 hours ago
- .@genologos on @sapinker on why academics are bad writers - not enough practice, for starters thefinchandpea.com/2014/09/29/pin… #linkonomicon 12 hours ago
- After a forced Google update to our #havesciwilltravel map, @easternblot has updated it with 3 new science-y spots thefinchandpea.com/2014/09/30/map… 12 hours ago
- My model AUC =0.0197. Clearly it's time to try something else 9 hours ago
- My Tweets