The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
what are you looking for?
- There is something very satisfying about an arbitrary line being in not quite the right place thefinchandpea.com/?p=15563 #havesciwilltravel 5 hours ago
- For those of you who like #science #tattoos but dont like pain, @vexedmuddler has you covered thefinchandpea.com/2015/08/26/the… http://t.co/KOvBoAQUBp 8 hours ago
- Tech to receive HBO in 1989 was predicted 100yrs earlier...& other gems from @britishlibrary thefinchandpea.com/2015/08/27/the… http://t.co/rf1MEjQno2 9 hours ago
- Visiting approximately zero degrees longitude with @easternblot & family thefinchandpea.com/?p=15563 #havesciwilltravel 10 hours ago
- #Science #Cats enjoying reproducible results (but also avoiding over-interpreting them) thefinchandpea.com/2015/08/29/sci… http://t.co/IW0BOHhgVp 12 hours ago