The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of the “sexual health” (ie, erectile dysfunction) dietary supplement ACTRA-Sx 500 due to “adulteration” with the active compound from Viagra, sildenafil citrate. This is yet another recall of a “dietary supplement” that happens to be adulterated with a pharmaceutical that has been proven to treat the condition the supplement claims to address. This might make the supplement “work”, but it poses a real hazard to customers who are not permitted to know what they are taking. Continue reading
public noticesEva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike asks asks if the FDA will kill "precision medicine" at Pacific Standard.
The Birth of the Pill - Science for The People talks to Jonathan Eig & Rose Eveleth about the intersection of society, science & sex.
what are you looking for?
- RT @genologos: Literary naturalism’s post-apocalyptic novel: Jack London’s The Scarlet Plague @finchandpea #apocalypsethen http://t.co/9qGM… 10 hours ago
- Anyone who has read Jack London's "To Build a Fire" knows he can do bleak. Now check out "The Scarlet Plague" thefinchandpea.com/2015/01/26/apo… 14 hours ago
- RT @joshwitten: "Answer. That you are here - that life exists & identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute an article.… 14 hours ago
- RT @joshwitten: "Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now unfunded." #DeadProjects 19 hours ago
- RT @elakdawalla: OSIRIS images show fascinating landscapes on Rosetta's comet planetary.org/blogs/emily-la… http://t.co/T3UOWKG33D 20 hours ago
- My Tweets