There aren’t many mainstream songs about scientists. I only know of two. One is quite well-known but I don’t like it and it doesn’t really seem to be about science anyway. The other one is The Flaming Lips’ “Race for the Prize”. It was released in 1999 on The Soft Bulletin, and describes a competition between two scientists who are in a race to find “the cure” (not the band, all lower case).
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- HUZZAH! for digitized Darwin manuscripts, but a bit uncertain over blogging unfriendly copyright policy wp.me/pXK0q-3CJ 5 hours ago
- If we brought back T. rex & you were going to cook one for #Thanksgiving, you are going to want to braise the thighs thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/24/tha… 7 hours ago
- RT @artologica: My friends must know somebody who would like some pretty E. coli for Christmas. etsy.com/listing/212542… http://t.co/rUsOdbN… 7 hours ago
- #SCInema is taking a #Thanksgiving break, but we'll be back with something inspired by #scienceamovietitle next week thefinchandpea.com/tag/scinema/ 8 hours ago
- RT @kirkenglehardt: Did you miss #scienceamovietitle this weekend? ow.ly/EMGaV (It continued after this, and was a blast.) 8 hours ago
- My Tweets