The area around Buffalo, NY was buried under an astonishing seven feet of snow this week, due to a phenomenon called “lake effect”, which is explained here. Meteorologists may find this fascinating, and kids may be happy to miss school, but at least one group of upstate New Yorkers is seriously disgruntled: the cats. Well, except for this guy. There’s always one.
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- Cosmology is Hard - @sci4thepeople talks about the inner workings of the universe with @StartsWithABang & @R_Trotta wp.me/pXK0q-3De 13 hours ago
- Food, Remembered: Grandma's #Thanksgiving "Salad" thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/27/foo… #jello by @BenWitten 1 day ago
- RT @ClaireMoynihan: The Art of Science: Claire Moynihan's Beautiful Bugs wp.me/pXK0q-3xW via @finchandpea 1 day ago
- Nature Makes Pretty Things, Not Art thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/26/nat… 2 days ago
- RT @NMNH: A visitor’s whirlwind tour through the museum: thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/25/smi… via @easternblot @finchandpea http://t.co/HfE3TXG94N 2 days ago
- My Tweets