Doing it right. UC Davis microbiome researcher Jonathon Eisen not only turned down an endowed lectureship because the series was too male dominated, but also engaged the lecture series leadership and suggested replacements (hat tip to Evelyn Padilla).
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- HUZZAH! for digitized Darwin manuscripts, but a bit uncertain over blogging unfriendly copyright policy wp.me/pXK0q-3CJ 1 hour ago
- If we brought back T. rex & you were going to cook one for #Thanksgiving, you are going to want to braise the thighs thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/24/tha… 2 hours ago
- RT @artologica: My friends must know somebody who would like some pretty E. coli for Christmas. etsy.com/listing/212542… http://t.co/rUsOdbN… 3 hours ago
- #SCInema is taking a #Thanksgiving break, but we'll be back with something inspired by #scienceamovietitle next week thefinchandpea.com/tag/scinema/ 3 hours ago
- RT @kirkenglehardt: Did you miss #scienceamovietitle this weekend? ow.ly/EMGaV (It continued after this, and was a blast.) 4 hours ago
- My Tweets