There’s a lot of great science-based art and craft out there, and many purveyors of geeky goodness have really outdone themselves creating special gifts and decorations for the holiday season. So show your sci pride while supporting hardworking makers. Here are a few favorites – but be sure to dig deeper into these shops for many more unique items.
public noticesYou can see Michele and her art at the BAZAART marketplace on Saturday, 29 November at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
Eva was interviewed by Times Higher Education about using Twitter productively as part of an academic life.
Mike discusses #shirtstorm & sexism in science, at Pacific Standard.
Science for The People talks about psychopathy with Dr. Kent Kiehl.
what are you looking for?
- Food, Remembered: Grandma's #Thanksgiving "Salad" thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/27/foo… #jello by @BenWitten 19 hours ago
- RT @ClaireMoynihan: The Art of Science: Claire Moynihan's Beautiful Bugs wp.me/pXK0q-3xW via @finchandpea 23 hours ago
- Nature Makes Pretty Things, Not Art thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/26/nat… 1 day ago
- RT @NMNH: A visitor’s whirlwind tour through the museum: thefinchandpea.com/2014/11/25/smi… via @easternblot @finchandpea http://t.co/HfE3TXG94N 1 day ago
- RT @NMNH: @finchandpea We're glad that @easternblot enjoyed her visit, thank you for the great blog post! 2 days ago
- Let's just say that my 6yo's list of things she is thankful for led to along discussion about the merits of zero-gravity hammocks 8 hours ago
- My Tweets